Internship Opportunities with the Office of Assemblymember Cristina Garcia
Get Hands-On Experience. Make a Difference!
The Internship Program Offers:
- Exposure to state politics and careers in public service
- Challenging and stimulating work environment
- Community outreach and networking opportunities
- Flexible hours to accommodate school and work
Assemblymember Cristina Garcia represents California’s 58th Assembly
District, which encompasses the cities of: Artesia, Cerritos, Norwalk, Bellflower, Bell Gardens, Commerce, Downey, Pico Rivera and Montebello.
Interns perform a variety of important tasks in the District Office
that include: working with constituents, conducting community outreach
efforts, assisting community-based organizations, organizing events,
database development and upkeep, and staffing the office.
- College student with minimum of GPA 2.5 or above
- Interest in public service and making a difference in the community.
- Ability to follow instructions & complete tasks efficiently and
How To Apply:
Please submit an internship application and resume:
Assemblymember Cristina Garcia
8255 Firestone Blvd, Ste. 203
Downey, CA 90241
*Or by fax 562-861-5158
*Or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Or call 562-861-5803 Patrick Sunpanich
Deadline January 31, 2014
*Will work with quarter/semester calendars or other school calendars.
This internship is unpaid.
Will work with students to receive school credit.