Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC (Advancing Justice | AAJC) has an opening for a full-time, advocacy communications fellow. The fellowship requires a three-month commitment beginning in October and the fellow will receive a stipend of $5000 for his/her work.
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate looking to gain experience working for a civil rights organization. The communications fellow will work closely with the director of strategic communications to help develop content and create effective and impactful communications strategies that shape the public debate and bring about change on key civil rights policy issues
- Developing key talking points and one-pagers on policy issues
- Conducting research on civil rights issues such as voting rights, immigration, racial justice and privacy
- Developing content for Advancing Justice | AAJC’s website
- Assisting in developing and implementing press strategies including writing press releases, op-eds, editorial board memos, letters to the editor, etc.
- Writing content for social media platforms
- Creating shareable graphics for social media
- Assisting in the development of digital media campaigns
- Compiling media lists and media clips
- Assisting in writing email action alerts
- Performing administrative duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism and/or communications or public relations
- Superior writing skills with experience writing quickly and accurately on deadline
- Demonstrated ability to conduct thoughtful research and meet deadlines
- Experience working as an intern or reporter for a newspaper, magazine or a nonprofit organization.
- Experience working on digital campaigns and using social media effectively for an organization or business.
- Knowledge of AP style
- Commitment to progressive civil rights causes
- Experience using Drupal a plus, not required
- Experience in graphic design a plus, not required
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume and three published writing samples under 500 words each to: email@example.com